This type of warehouse racking can be adjusted to fit different item sizes. It also allows the addition of racking modules if you need to expand. This adaptable and adjustable pallet racking gives you high-density storage with full access to products at all times.
Features and Benefits
- Robust, impact-resistant and efficient shelving for heavy loads.
- Provides anytime-access to any pallet at either side of the shelf
- Popular with quick turn over inventories. Supports the First-In-First-Out (FIFO) Policy.
- Allows different sizes of forklift and pallet trucks to access items from any point in the racking.
- Near-100% utilization. Maximizes the use of vertical storage space.
- Uses Robust Q235B hot-rolled steel; Durable, strong, impact-resistant racking assembly
Common Use and Applications
- Pallets, boxes, individual goods requiring forklifts
- When you need complete access to any pallet at any time
- When you want to pick at lower levels
We are a pallet racking manufacturer in China and can customize or design to your desired specifications.
As a pallet racking supplier from China, we provide a more cost-effective assembly over others. On a budget? Please provide below necessary information for an estimate:
- Size of racking (L*W*H)
- Levels of racking
- Load capacity required for each level
- Layout drawing of the warehouse (if you have it)
Major Parts and Components
The picture is from the internet.
A conventional or selective pallet racking has 3 major parts: upright frame, horizontal beams, and decking.
- An upright frame includes a pair of vertical posts (or uprights), 2 horizontal bracing and a set of diagonal bracing. It is pre-punched with mounting holes to which horizontal beams are hooked at 3-in intervals.
- Horizontal beams are inserted into pre-punched holes on the uprights to form a racking level. These are secured to the uprights with bolts and nuts for strength. Beam height may be adjusted at fixed distances to accommodate different sizes of goods.
- Wire decking, made of welded steel wire, is placed on top of the beams to hold goods. Also, it is added as a safety measure to prevent items from falling through the racking. It is also recommended by fire inspectors because sprinkled water can pass through mesh decking to the lower levels.
The final assembly is bolted to the floor for stability. More levels may be added by placing a new set of beams and decking into the existing uprights. Special accessories are also available for safety and for the addition of modules to existing racking. Safety and adaptability accessories include footplates, shims, frame guard (protects damage to the frame from moving equipment), row spacers (if you need to place 2 modules of pallet racking unit back to back).